Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Monday, October 26, 2009

Joey Stories: The Legendary Crayon Incident



So my oldest son has been in trouble for many stupid things and some not so stupid. Logan has been suspended for shining lights in a kids eye. The laser was considered a weapon. He got in trouble for biting a child when he was six because the kid was picking his nose.......I know don't ask.

But my favorite was when he tried to break into a snack machine with a plastic fork. It was at that time Joe and I stopped pushing to get Logan in the honors programs. But this story is about Joey.

So today I get a call from the school. Having three children, for a split second I thought......Who did it? Okay I thought which boy did it.

So I answer the phone and there was a serious voice on the other end.......

"Is this Mrs. Rupp?"

"Yessssssss."

"I wanted to talk to you about your son." (Aha, knew it was one of the boys)

"Okay"

"I am the librarian at Three Chopt. I am concerned about your son Joey, there was an incident today in the library"

(.......oh no.........what did he do?) I thought.

"Mrs. Rupp, as long as known Joey, he has never acted out. So I was really shocked when he did today."

My heart dropped and I was praying it did not involve his private parts. AND he has been at this school for three weeks. Don't tell me he already has a reputation.

"Well, I caught him........breaking crayons."

"And".......okay I did not say that but I wanted too.

Actually I told her that Joe and I would certainly reinforce her punishment and sit down and speak with the lad.

Okay I did not say lad either. But it took all my power not to laugh.

This was a serous situation but I am not worried about him becoming a psychopath when he is a man.

So I made him write a letter of apology AND the librarian banned him from using crayons for the rest of the year.

I mean I know we are in a recession and schools are in need of money but I do not think there is a great crayon shortage.

"

1 comment: