Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turn it Up Mom

First practice of the little league season and we are all on our way to the field. I am in a good mood. Joey is on the Red Sox this year and his coach is great. Joe and I are talking in the front seat about the upcoming season. We are not really paying attention to the radio or the kids.

Suddenly from the back seat I hear, "Turn it up mom."

Without really thinking about it I turned the volume up on the dial. And on the radio one of my old favorites is on.....Girls Just Want To Have Fun.

Now the funny part of the whole story was not the song but which child asked for me to turn it up. The voice from the back came from my youngest son. Apparently it was his jam.

When Joe and I realized what song it was and when the reality hit our brains that Joey had asked us to turn this song up we were speechless. Joe had this look on his face and I just burst out laughing. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

Realizing the oddness of his request, he stammered for a second and informed us that he liked the song because it was on Sing Star and it was Taylor fault.

Maybe it is not that funny, but the timing was great and I needed a good laugh.

1 comment:

  1. so...this is not totally related, but does have to do with kids...my 12yr old son to be exact. Last night, I was sitting at the computer, fussing at my 12yr old to do something (like hurry up to get in shower), and he says "Don't have an orgasm mom!". My almost 16yr old was like "whoooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh""that was total improper use of the word". We all laughed of course, but gee, this isn't the first time this has happened. He also used the word jiz (spelling?) incorrectly. So, either we have failed to educate the child soon enough, or his friends at school are extremely stupid. Guess which one I am going for.

    ReplyDelete