Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dinner Conversations: Logan's Confession

Dinner time is always a time for us to sit down as a family and catch up. Tonight Joe was working, so it was just the kids and myself.

I am not exactly sure how the conversation led to this, oh wait I do, we were talking about Power Rangers. Logan was obsessed with Power Rangers when he was little.  He was so cute the way he use to say Power Rangers. It was a horrible show, but I watched it with him because I liked to know what the kids are being exposed to on television.

Well this led to a confession from the teenager.

"Mom, when I was a kid I use to think you kidnapped me," Logan said to me.

I just stared at him blankly. I had no words at the moment and that is hard to accomplish.

"What?"

"Yeah when I was a kid, I remember staying at this house and it was big house. Well you came and picked me up and took me to your house. I thought you kidnapped me," he responded.

Once again I just stared at him. He head could not wrap around this announcement.

Eventually I asked him if he was scared, he told me that he wasn't but wondered about the woman he thought was his mother.

I began thinking how crazy this was but I am also the one who thought when I was little that when I slept a monster came into my room and moved me and that was why I never woke up in the same spot. Plus I thought that when a woman had a baby her belly opened up from the belly button and the baby came out like there was a little elevator in there.

So guess it is not crazy that he thought I kidnapped him.

No comments:

Post a Comment