Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Thursday, November 11, 2010

My kids are future Lawyers: The Story of the Contract

So it is Veterans day, a day to celebrate the selflessness of the those who served this great country and all the freedoms we hold dear like contractional law. To celebrate my two youngest got out of school early.

The two of the them came home and preformed their normal routine which is normally argueing. As I am working,  and I hear Joey talking to Taylor and his voice was gradually starting to raise. 

"Taylor we had a contract, you have to play with me," Joey yelled.

"No, I don't, Joey leave me alone," she responded.

"But we have a contract and you signed it," he yelled back at her.

It is at this time, I decide to intervene."What is going on?"

Joey stomps out into the living room. "MOM, Taylor and I had a contract that I would not bother her for ten days and it has been 10 days. "

I just looked at him for a moment trying to understand what the heck he was talking about.

"So you and Taylor have a contract? I asked.

"Yes, mom," he said.

"So was this contact verbal or written?" Thinking slightly this is a ridiculous question and that he probably did not understand.

"It was written mom," he stated with confidence.

So I asked him to bring it to me thinking the could have not possibly wrote a contact.

He stomped back out with an 8x10 paper and some red marker and it said:

This contract says that Joey wil not annoy Taylor for 24 hours. That if I want to be by myself then I can for 1 hour each day than he will leave me alone after and 1 pick the game.




I then looked at my son with a satisfied look on his face.

I then looked at him and then my husband, "They both signed and initialed it."

"Yeah, mom the intitials were Joey's idea," Taylor said now in on the conversation.

"Well Taylor, you have a legal and binding contract, you have to abide by the contract, " I responded.

My husband looked at me, "that is blog worthy."


No comments:

Post a Comment