Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Friday, October 16, 2009

Homecoming the Final Chapter




So all jokes aside.

My son had his first homecoming dance. I was mixed with all these unfamiliar motions.

When I was a teenager I was completely socially awkward (I know every one is shocked). I was never really taught social graces. I always felt really insecure. My high school years was a culmination of these feelings. I was never asked to homecoming, on dates, or to the prom. I spent my teenage years looking at people and just wishing I fit in. I would probably have been a better student and not dropped out had I not felt so out of place.

With that being said, every parent wants their child to accomplish more than they have in their life.

Logan, my oldest was born when I was seventeen. I swore that I would make his life better than mind.

As he got older, I realized he share a lot of my social awkwardness. I did not want him to take my path in life.

this year began his sophomore year in high school. A week before he went back to school, he started dating the cutest girl. She seems to be head over heals for my son. So she asked to him Homecoming.

I swear I was more nervous than they were. I took him shopping that morning to buy a suit. We came home and waited until it was time to go.

I drove him to his girlfriend's house and chatted with her mom. I finally left after several photos for my facebook page. When I left her house, I had tears in my eyes. I realized my little boy was growing into a man.

My mind raced with memories of the day he was born. I thought about the first time he walked and spoke my name. He was so little the day he started kindergarten. My baby was living a normal life doing normal teenage things. I think that our family finally broke the tradition.

Logan will be able to surpass me and grow into a normal person a lot faster than I did. I hope all of my children will grow into good people. I know Logan is on the right path.

I love my not-so-little little Logan.

No comments:

Post a Comment