Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Family Day: The Pumpkin Patch


Joe and I are always trying to find authentic things for the kids to experience. A lot times we especially look for things we enjoyed when we were children. Not my parents never took me to a pumpkin patch but I did go on a lot of hayrides with my church.

In fact the last hayride I was on ended with my step-dad running over my neighbor with the wagon portion. That was in 1992, do not worry the kid lived. That was the last time.

Now seventeen years after that day, I went on a hayride with my kids.

My kids had a blast. It was their first hayride. After the ride, which was free BTW, we took a wheel barrel out to the patch and pick out a pumpkin. Man Joey was like a kid in the candy store. Then there was a maze made out of haystacks.

The kids has a blast, now the real challenge, carving them without any permanent injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment