Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Who Killed Romance.....Oh Yeah Movies


Well I just finished watching Runaway Bride while Joe was sleeping. I love movies. Of course I love chick flicks the most. It makes you feel all warm inside. Then there is a cold realization that life is not like that and hits you hard. You end up mad at your poor husband who truthfully has not done anything wrong.

Why are women likes this, or at least why and I like this.....THE MOVIES.

I wonder sometimes if I had never watched some flaky romance movie would my relationship be different. Would I still hold my husband to a standard that he could not possibly achieve.

I remember my first one. It was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I loved that movie. It had two things that I loved dearly when I was young, dancing and guys. And the movie ended happily ever after.

I watched that movie over and over until my parents were ready to throw the tape out the window.

The next movie that had a profound effect on me was Dirty Dancing. Once again had my two favorites things in it.

These movies and many others set my up for a false sense of what relationships are all about.
and 20 years later I am still mooning over the movies and wonder what exactly draws me to these movies. It cannot be dancing and guys. Although I still like dancing. I just do not have time to dance anymore.

I think that every woman wants to feel like they are the most special thing to the man they love pretty much all the time. Or maybe that is just me. Maybe that is what I want.

I think a large part is to feel exactly what that woman felt when the man sweeps her off her feet.

I sometimes feel bad for my husband because I want him to be this way and he is rational and thinks it is stupid.

Sometime I wish he would meet me halfway.

Sometimes I think it is best not to let Taylor to watch romance movies. I do not want her to have some false sense of reality when she walks into a relationship.

In light of this, I would post the top ten movies that ruin woman expectations of men when it comes to romance.

10. Runway Bride
9. Ten Things I Hate About You
8. Titanic
7. A Walk in the Clouds
6. Pretty Woman
5. Ghost
4. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
3. Dirty Dancing
2. Brokeback Mountain
1. The Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment