Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Story of Customer Service and the Gerbil posted 2.25.2009 org.


The day started like any other day. I got up went to work.

About 2:30 I got a phone call from home. Logan never calls unless there is a problem. Well he informed me that our gerbil was dying. There is a back story to this gerbil.

First soon after adopting him Taylor picked him up by his tail and it broke. For two days he walked around with this bony tail. The bony part fell off. After that is brother tried to kill him. I had to take a day off of school to buy him a cage and nurse him back to health.

All the other gerbils we had died. Then one day the children left the cage open and he escaped. For one week we could not find him. One night the cat cornered him and held in one spot until Joe picked him up. He was missing a portion of his ear. They next day I thought he was going to die. But he bounced back.

After almost 4 years, Jeremy died today. So needless to say I was stressed.

I get home and tell my daughter and of course she falls apart. So I decided that we should get pizza at Pizza Hut.

On the way, I found the receipt for the my TV I bought from Best Buy in December. The TV had died the night before.

I spoke to a salesperson who worked for Best Buy who should never be made a one because she had the world's worst attitude. She sounded like the last place she wanted to be was at Best Buy. So she informed me that was not their problem because we should have bought the warranty. She had a total "I don't give a shit attitude". In my mine, there is a polite way to say that someone cannot help you.

So I got the phone and walked into Pizza Hut. I was already pissed. There were three people in the store. Not one person acknowledge me or said, "I'll be right there." Not one person looked up.

So after a few minutes I walked out. No one looked up or seemed to care.

This is my issue. With the economy as bad as it is, you would THINK that people would be genuinely happy to try to help you. For one because their company needs the revenue. And two because you need your job.

The last time I had a bad experience at Pizza Hut, it took me 5 years to order from them again. Now let's say I spend 20 dollars a week and they make 10 off me each time. Well that is 520 a year. 5,200 in 10 years. If they did this to 100 people that is 52,000 dollars in 10 years of revenue.

AND Best Buy I am even more disappointed in because I buy all my electronics there. Good customer service and they could have kept my business. Like I said before the economy is bad and competition is fierce. I hate to say it but next time I will go to Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment