Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dumbest Thing I Have Ever Said

Any parent who has a child or multiple children knows the general frustrations of being a parent. Sometimes the things they do infuriates a parent so much they can barely speak.

With me, most of the time it is their names. I am yelling and for the life of me, I cannot remember what I named this child who done this dumb thing.  But there are times that you are so mad, you say something so dumb you want to ask for the money back from the college you attended. Obviously you were overcharged.

That incident happened to me the other night. My husband was in Florida and I was left at home with these three children. Of course, it is at that time that they decided it was necessary to argue with each other......constantly. The only time they stopped was when they were sleeping or........nope sleeping was pretty much it.

Joey took his nightly bath, which gave  me a few minutes of peace and quiet.

Suddenly I hear arguing, this time it is Logan and Joey. I am trying to pretend like I do not hear anything. That is my usual tactic. Then Logan rushed in the room, with the baby behind begging him not to tell.

"Mom, Joey has been stuffing a rag in the drain, so he can take a bath."

Now the one thing that will instantly peeve off a parent is the destruction of the house and/or furniture. He apparently was wedging it deep in the drain and it was almost unreachable. Logan had pulled out and ran to tell me of his discovery.

Then I could hear Joey tell me from behind Logan......"NO, NO." I knew he was lying.

Blind fury hit me at that moment and it slipped out of my mouth before I could put it back in there.

"If you ever do that again.......I will spank your face."

Oh wow, that did not make sense. Plus I never ever hit my children in the face. Generally I am not a fan of spanking. So the fact I would even threaten something that was absurd was out of my character. But the verbiage alone, made he kids look at me like I lost my mind.

Realizing I had said something so dumb, I tried to save face. If I started laughing Joey might have seen that as an opportunity to do it again. So I said something dumb to follow it up.

"Don't ever take a bath again in my house while your living with me again," was my response.

He looked at me and ran into the room trying to avoid anymore punishment.


Later that night I was telling my husband and he just started laughing. "The kids are making you crazy, aren't they?

"You think."

No comments:

Post a Comment