Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Taylor and her Passive Aggressive Story: My Future Politician


Taylor and I are driving to the store early last Saturday. It was just a normal Saturday morning, nothing special.

Taylor has spent a lot of time with her friend Sophie this month. I encourage it, I think a preteen needs girlfriends.

Most people know I am not a morning person. My idea of morning starts around 10am. It was around this time and I had not had my coffee yet. This is the conversation we had in the car.

"You know mommy, Sophie's mom does all the chores in the house. In fact, she told me she does everything because she enjoys it."

"Really, Taylor, I doubt that," I responded wondering where she was going with this conversation.

"No mom, all Sophie has to do is walk the dog and clean her room. Her mom comes home and cleans the house, makes dinner, and picks up after everyone. She does it because she likes it,"

"Does her dad work," I replied getting annoyed.

"No, he got laid off."

"Well, I doubt she enjoys waiting on everyone when she gets home from work."

"No, mommy she does and Sophie just walks the dog," Taylor insisted.

"So are you trying to tell me that after I get off work, I should pick up after everyone and do all the chores and be happy about it?"

Now I am completely annoyed.

She stopped short realizing that either: A: the tone in my voice was starting to sound angry or B: this strategy was not working

"No, mommy I just was talking about Sophie's mom."

"Well unfortunately for you, I am not Sophie's mom. I do not like waiting on four people and I will not be now or in the future be taking over anyone's chores, but nice try."

She then back peddled. And spent the rest of the day trying to convince me that she was not trying to trick me into do all her chores for her and her brothers.

I would love to know what moms think about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment