Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Afterschool Kids Conversations: Possible Carbon Monoxide Contamination

My daughter got home from school late this afternoon. Today was an extra special day, she was issued her first school laptop. She was bragging about how it and how it is a dell with Windows 7. I just let her go on and on. The school also provided her with a really nice laptop bag.

"Mom we have to keep the laptop in the bag at all times or they will take the laptop away from us," she said with the most serious face.

Oh course true to the fact that I am completely immature responded, "Well how are you going use it if it is always in the bag?"

This child that I gave birth to looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on the planet.  Momentarily she stared at me as if to day,"really.......great I am related to this lady." Then she walked out of the room.

At that time I was chatting with my boss on AIM and relayed the story.

She responded, "I guess your daughters does not deal in absolutes."

"I don't think my daughter has a sense of humor, " I IMed her back.



About 5 minutes later, Joey came in the room and pulled out a pack bowl of frosted flakes cereal from his backpack. This was the second day he had pulled out frosted flakes from his backpack.

Seeing the confusion on my face he immediately came up with a story. "Mom, someone just gave this to me, it was weird."

"So you are telling me someone just walked up to you and gave you frosted flakes, two days in a row?" I inquired.

"Yes."

"I don't believe you. I think you are buying breakfast from school," I stated.

"No....No...I give the lady my number, " he said and I rolled my eyes.

"So you eat at home and then go to school and buy breakfast. Then you come home and tell me that some random person gave you frosted flakes."

"No, mom I give the lady my lunch number."

He then walked into the kitchen with his cereal. I just looked at my husband with that look that says....you know our kids are completely nuts.

Once again I relayed the story to my boss on AIM.

Her response, "Is there a Caron Monoxide leak in your house?"





No comments:

Post a Comment