Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Joey: The Hot Dog Story

My son is a hot dog addict. He always has been from the time I cut up little hot dogs for him when he was a little guy until now when he orders hot dogs every last time we go out to eat.

He asked for corn dogs for lunch today. So after he finished up his favorite meal, he asked me an unexpected question.

"Mom, are hot dogs and corn dogs made out of dogs??"

Everyone kinda stopped for a second and just looked at him. "What did he say?" my husband responded.

"He just asked me if his hot dogs were made out of dogs."

I explained to my doe-eyed child that of course they were not made out of dogs.Then I asked the obvious question.

"Who told you that?"

"Taylor," he said kicking his sister directly under the bus.

All eyes turned to Taylor. And of course she denied it. So for two minutes we went back and forth arguing over who did or did not say what to Joey.

Joey looked at me and informed me that he cried when he found out.

There was only one thing left to find out.

"Joey, why if you thought they were made out of dogs, did you still eat the hot dogs?" I asked.

"Because mom they are yummy."

No comments:

Post a Comment