Paging Dr. Huxtable

<b>Paging Dr. Huxtable</b>

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Incredible Fainting Taylor



So my precious daughter, who I mistakenly thought had
more sense than the boys, has shown me the error of my ways. Sitting there with books all the time and getting perfect scores on her state exams has seriously confuse my husband and I.

So we took the whole family to Kings Dominion on Sunday for Joey's birthday celebration. It has slowly become a tradition due to the fact we have season passes and it is 20 miles away. I have the trip down to a science and the cost is really lower than going to Putt Putt, Bowling, or the movies.

Well we always go after lunchtime because I am too cheap to eat at the park. I make everyone eat lunch before we walk out the door.

You know I generally have a policy that I do not look directly at the child because if I make eye contact, they want something.

So I did not pay attention to what the children ate or drank at lunch. I was already annoyed that no one was running out the door to go have family fun time. When we first started going the kids were up at 8am and so excited. Now I have yell at them to get up before noon.

So off we went to the park, off course we cannot leave the house and have a good time unless I am completely annoyed before we leave.

So we get there and we bypassed the park photographers(because I am too cheap to pay for that either). For anyone who visits KD, stay right because they only have one photographer on that side.

We head to SpongeBob 3D. It is new favorite ride and it is in air conditioning. Joey got to decide the order of the rides, so we headed to White Canyon River after SpongeBob. The line was long but the ride was closed the last time we went so we waited. It is a water ride so we thought we could it would be worth it.

Taylor was quiet while we waited. But she is normally silent, because she is secretly a ninja. Right when we getting close to the front of the line, she told me that she was seeing colors and her lips were gray.

Before I knew it she was on the ground. She had fainted but her eyes were open. So we thought she was just exaggerating. Joe picked her up and tried to get her oriented. She seemed to understand what was going on. So we got on the ride. She was conscious but she was kept trying to lay down. We were hoping that the ride would help her and cool her down quickly. Well we got drenched and she seemed a little better.

We got off the ride and we had to help her get to a place to sit down. Joe looked at her lips and they were gray. So we realized quickly it was not the heat, it was probably dehydration. So Joey and I ran to the closest place to get a drink.

Of course when you are freaked out and in a hurry, the dumbest people seem to be in front of you. Four college age girls spent 15 minutes trying to decide if they wanted to buy one souvenir cup because obviously this is not a purchase that anyone should make a snap decision about. I wanted to hire another teenage girl to punch these four girls in the face.

I digress, so I finally get the drinks which had no ice because they were out and made it over to the table where Joe had Taylor and was trying to keep her stable because she was still pale as a ghost. I gave her the drink and she drank and drank and drank.

Her color quickly came back.

I started asking her questions. I wanted to know exactly what she had drank since she woke up. Apparently she woke up and ate cereal with milk.

I asked my daughter if she drank anything with her lunch.

NOPE, nothing. And she preceded to look at me like I was nuts. I could not wrap my head around eating lunch and not having anything to drink with it. Not to mention she had a sandwich.

It was about 3:30 when she fainted. And she had half a cup of milk since 9am.

So apparently I will have to remind my daughter to drink fluids before we head out into the world. There is a possibility we will have to give her instructions on how to come out of the rain in the future.

So Joey and Taylor make a great pair. The razor face boy and the incredible fainting ninja.

No comments:

Post a Comment